Over the past 14 months, it has become abundantly clear that Critical Access Hospitals like yours serve a fundamental purpose in rural communities. Timely access to quality healthcare is essential for everyone, and patients need access to care where they live. Unfortunately, CAHs often lack the funding to acquire important care technology, so patients end up traveling to a major metropolitan area hospital and experienced nurses and providers search elsewhere for employment.
As CNO at West-Com, my role is to work alongside healthcare leaders and CNOs like you to ensure your care teams have the technology and tools you need to not only provide better care for the patients you serve, but also to increase the communication and collaboration among your care teams. Additionally, we are currently helping facilities-specifically Critical Access and Rural Hospitals-upgrade to state-of-the-art technology using federal funding through the CARES Act or the USAC Rural Health Program. This means that you can completely revolutionize your patient care environment without tapping into your own budget!
CLICK HERE to see how one Critical Access Hospital is using their funds to improve communication in their facility.
What West-Com solutions are Critical Access Hospitals purchasing with federal funding?
- Patient CareBoards™ – display digital care plans and facilitate communication among care teams, patients, and families.
- Digital Signage & Workflow Stations – prominently display risk precautions and streamline clinical workflows.
- Telehealth solutions – enable face-to-face virtual visits for nurses, care teams, providers, specialists, case workers, pharmacists, clergy, other ancillary departments, and patients’ families; essential for clinical consults to prevent unnecessary patient transfers.
- AI virtual patient monitoring with SmartView alerts – monitor patient activity as requested for high-risk patients and provide alerts direct to caregiver.
- MobileCare™ mobile application – manage care team communications and provide direct-to-caregiver alerts, staff assignments, and virtual rounding for a seamless care delivery experience.
- Nurse call system upgrades & replacements – enhance fall prevention and patient safety protocols with nurse call pendants, dedicated bathroom stations with 2-way audio, and integration with bed exit and chair alarms.
- Analytics – intelligent data reports turn complex data into visual stories to improve the quality of patient care decisions.
If you are ready to completely overhaul your entire patient experience and elevate care delivery, we are here to help. Contact us today to schedule an in-person demo.
We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Chief Nursing Officer at West-Com Nurse Call Systems, Inc.